#Tag Momentum by Biological
Just wrote another song for the long-awaited Biological LP. This song will be downloadable for free for one week.
Feeding your kids cheap and easy fast food could be ultimately setting them up for a world of health problems.
According to an international study, eating at least three servings of junk food a week may increase the severity of asthma, eczema and allergies in children. Teens who eat three or more servings of fast food are 39 percent more likely to suffer from severe asthma, and 27 percent more likely in children and tweens.
Your kids are always screaming in the backseat for Mickie D’s and Jack in the Crack, but maybe we can find a place that serves something as tasty but with actual nutrition.
Los Angeles has many smaller business, kid-friendly, fast(ish) food places that are healthier than Taco Smell.
Low-income families are often drawn to fast food restaurants due to the bang for their buck, but if your kids get asthma, medicine could cost up to $250 a month. It doesn’t add up to cost efficiency. Try these 7 alternatives, the last two are the newest hip and trendy sustainable food restaurants.
1. Mediterranean Express Healthy Fast Food Inc http://www.yelp.com/biz/mediterranean-express-healthy-fast-food-inc-monrovia
2. The Flame Broiler http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-flame-broiler-los-angeles-3#query:healthy%20fast%20food
3. Veggie Grill http://www.yelp.com/biz/veggie-grill-los-angeles-2#query:healthy%20fast%20food
4. <a href=”http://www.yelp.com/biz/california-chicken-cafe-los-angeles-2#query:healthy%20fast%20food” target=”_blank”>California Chicken Cafe</a>
5. <a href=”http://www.yelp.com/biz/freshii-los-angeles-4#query:healthy%20fast%20food” target=”_blank”>Freshii</a>
6. <a href=”http://www.yelp.com/biz/elf-caf%C3%A9-los-angeles-2#query:organic%20sustainable%20restaurant” target=”_blank”>Elf Cafe</a>
7. <a href=”www.foragela.com” target=”_blank”>Forage</a>
<form mt:asset-id=”1256826” class=”mt-enclosure mt-enclosure-image” style=”display: inline;”><table class=”image right” border=”0” width=”240”><tr><td><img alt=”Forage LA Flickr.jpg” src=”http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/4455911589_cfa8281b4f_m.jpg” width=”240” height=”180” /></td></tr><tr><td class=”credit”>Courtesy of Heidi De Vries</td></tr><tr><td class=”caption”>A delicious and nutrient rich dinner at Forage LA</td></tr></table></form>
Another way to combat these health risks is to have three servings of fresh fruit a day. It looks like it’s time to stock up at your local
Read the Community Health Councils Fast Food Restaurant Report, <strong><a href=”www.chc-inc.org/…/PB%20Fast%20Food%20Report.pdf” target=”_blank”>Here</a></strong>
My four best photos from my Chicago trip.